Tuesday, March 2, 2010

SSDI Attorney

Hey everyone! I know it's been forever since I've posted and I do have a few updates.

I met with a Social Security Disability attorney and he took my case. I wouldn't get much each month, but it's something. The only thing is that the waiting list for a trial is 18-24 months. So basically, I met with him and when the meeting was over he said, "Talk to you in 18 months!". In the meantime, I'm keeping a daily pain journal for him for more concrete evidence of my day to day experience. That way, when the trial actually happens I have a written log of events and don't have to try to remember...it doesn't look good.

My husband and I also joined a gym, Bally's! I was so excited and since we've been going I've loved it so much more than I thought I would. I was a bit nervous about what my pain doctor would think, but when I had my last appointment with him and told him about the gym, he was really excited about it. He said that exercise is like medicine for people who have Fibromyalgia. The only carido machine that doesn't hurt me is the recumbent bicycle. The elliptical machines are nice too, but it actually makes my neck tighten up more. I've also been doing some of the weight machines for my legs...and just a couple for my arms. I really limit my upper body stuff b/c my neck muscles are so bad. But it's been so great and it's nice to have the extra activity to do with my husband.

I'm also happy to report that I took the advice of my dear friend, Sarah, and have begun writing her "aunt", who also has Fibro. We've been chatting for a week or so now and it's been so great to have some steady contact with someone who understands what I'm going through. We already feel really close and it's been a wonderful gift. Kathy is a very kind and strong woman and I hope our friendship continues to grow.

No comments: