Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bringing new energy...

I recently began to sell some of the arts and crafts that I make on etsy.com. I had always been curious to see if I could actually sell my work and now I'm finally giving it a go. Art has always been such a huge part of my life. I've always enjoyed doodling and playing with various types of media. I remember when I was little and my mom would clear off the table and lay out huge sheets of paper for my little brother and I to fingerpaint on. It was great!! Now, I paint, draw, sew, make collages, play with photographs, and making alterations to various items throughout my home. Art has always been a great way for me to cope for my day to day stresses, and now, my day to day pain and exhaustion. When I begin working on a new project my energy is renewed for a while and I get excited about sharing my art with others. It's a kind of thrill that I think perhaps only other artists could understand, whatever media they might use, including writing. Just creating something. It's truly rewarding. If you're interested in looking at the things that I've posted online the link for my art and crafts is: www.leelabean.etsy.com

What do you do to help with cope with your day to day pain?

No comments: